FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the maximum amount I can give?
Except for political parties or affiliated party committees, no person or political committee may, in any election, make contributions in excess of the following amount...: (as it pertains to this office) $1,000 to a candidate for legislative office in any election*. (*=The primary is one election and the general is another elections. You may give up to $1,000 in each election.) (Section 106.08(2), Fla. Stat.)
- How many small contributions of $5, $10, $50, etc. are acceptable by the same donor?
Until the contributions collectively equal the $1,000 limit per election as established by the State of Florida (see question #1)
3. Can a contribution be made in the name of another person?
No. A person may not make any contribution through or in the name of another, directly or indirectly, in any election. (Section 106.08(5), Fla. Stat.)
4. Can a corporation give to a candidate, political committee or political party?
Yes. A corporation is considered a "person" under Chapter 106, F.S.
5. Would a corporation have to file as a political committee if it contributes to a candidate or other political committee?
Corporations regulated by chapters 607 or 617, F.S., and other business entities formed for purposes other than to support or oppose issues or candidates are exempt from the definition of a "political committee" as long as their political activities are limited to contributions to candidates or political committees, or expenditures in support of or in opposition to an issue, from corporate or business funds. Corporations and other business entities remove themselves from this exemption if they solicit or receive contributions outside their corporate or business funds for political purposes. (Section 106.011(16), F.S.)
6. Where can I mail my check, money order to?
Please make it payable to: Stephanie L. Dukes for FL ,and mail it to P.O. Box 120522; Clermont, FL 34712